Fair Trade Regulation and Warranty
BART adheres to the Fair Trading Act 1986 (
- Not engage in conduct that is misleading or deceptive or that is likely to mislead or deceive.
- Not make false or misleading representations about the goods or services that we supply.
- Ensure that any goods or services supplied correspond with the description given.
- Ensure that any goods supplied are of acceptable quality and fit for any purpose made known to the supplier by the consumer where the consumer relied on the advice or knowledge of the supplier.
- Ensure that services supplied will be rendered with due care and skill and be reasonably fit for any purpose and capable of achieving any result specified by the consumer which the consumer makes known to the supplier where the consumer relied on the advice or knowledge of the supplier.
Where a consumer acquires goods or services for the purposes of business, BART and the consumer undertake that the relevant provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (